Reach out to the world

Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Jennifer Lopez Grammy Dress Makes Comeback


Jennifer Lopez still holds the title for making the biggest wardrobe splash at the Grammy Awards in 2000. Her sheer, Versace gown was cut down to the navel and held in place with little more than stubborn, double-sided tape. It was so memorable that while celebs wore it before Lopez, few besides the "South Park" creator dared to wear it again after her appearance. Lopez saw the dress a year before the Grammys and decided that she "had to have it." Years later, she looks back on the footage of herself in the dress and says "I remember when I used to walk around like that. After babies, my body did change," she told Access Hollywood. "I had to work really hard to get it back in shape, to be quite honest, and for the first time in my life had to change my eating." But that doesn't mean she's too shy to try something like the Versace dress again. "I would wear something like that now. I wouldn't have a problem with it."
Now the Versace dress is getting another second life and the emerald green print is making its way across the country.

This time around it's a little less racy and the cleavage can be modified, thanks to a zipper. H&M teamed up with Versace, and the company opened the vaults to reuse the identifiable Miami Palm Print. "It was the first time the print has been used again from the archive," said a publicist for H&M. "It's accessible to the world, now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the world hear about what you have to offer